At Kensington Primary School we provide pupils with geography education that is inspiring and develops pupils' curiosity about the world and the people that live in it. We aim to teach pupils about :
- Different places
- Natural resources
- Human and Natural environments
- Key physical and human processes related to the Earth.
During their time at Kensington pupils should gain a thorough and deep understanding of the relationship between physical and human processes. They will learn key skills that will enable them to understand how and why certain environmental changes occur, encompassing a greater knowledge of the Earth’s features at different times.
During their geographical study at Kensington pupils will learn about:
- Locational Knowledge: Locating countries on a map/globe.
- Place knowledge: Comparing and contrasting localities.
- Conducting fieldwork: Using maps/atlases/globes. Using a compass.
- Human and physical geography: Describing key aspects of human and physical geography.