Homework will be given out every 3-4 weeks. It will include Literacy, Maths and Topic work. Homework books will be given out on Fridays with an expectation that they are returned by Wednesday at the latest. Children will be awarded house points for effort and presentation. We feel homework is an important part of children’s learning and hope that this new format will give you more information on what is being taught in the classroom. If you have any questions please speak to your child’s class teacher.
Please find homework for your child's year group below.
Helping your child
As a parent the main way to help your child is by ensuring they are ready to learn each day:
- Establish a clear routine with a set time for dinner, bath and bed.
- Ensure children eat a healthy, balanced diet and have breakfast before they come to school.
- Make sure your child comes to school every day and that they are here on time.
In addition, there are many other ways you can help your child:
- Read with them and too them as often as you can and ideally every day. This can be in your own language or in English or a mixture of both.
- For older children, try to be a role model by reading yourself and discussing what you are reading with your children.
- Talk to them - as often as possible and as much as possible. You can talk about anything but try to find the time daily to dedicate to having a chat with them; without the distractions of a tv or mobile phone.
- Organise days out. The more opportunities children have to experience the world, the more it will improve their learning. In London we are very fortunate to have lots of free parks, museums, and attractions on our doorstep. Even a trip on the underground or bus can be a fantastic learning opportunity.
- Encourage them and praise them in their learning. We all do better when we have people encouraging us. All children have the potential to improve and develop in their learning. The more you encourage them and praise them when they are achieving, the better they will do. They need to understand that just because they can't do something yet, it doesn't mean they will never be able to do. Reinforce the idea that hard work will lead to success.
Please do talk to us about anything to do with your children's education. Our staff are in the playground every morning and every evening. Your child's education is a partnership. As a parent, you are your child's first and most important teacher. Only by working together can we achieve success for your children.