As of the 8th of June Kensington Primary School will no longer be providing home learning resources for Year 6 as the school will be open for these children.
We understand however, that some parents will still want to keep their children at home. For these families we recommend the following websites to use in order to support with a continued home learning programme. Sadly we will not have the capacity in school to respond to work sent through as class teachers will be teaching in school.
- BBC Bite Size daily lessons https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons
- If your child is worried about coronavirus, the NSPCC have created some useful guidance to help you talk to them: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/childrens-mental-health/depression-anxiety-mental-health
- Natwest Money Sense games
- Advice for anxious children: https://youngminds.org.uk/media/3695/how-to-support-your-child_corona.pdf
- Change for Life Activities: https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities
- Joe Wicks Body Coach PE lessons for kids - Go to The Body Coach TV on YouTube and simply join in the 30-minute workout session from 9am Monday to Friday.
- Daily Phonics Lessons - Ruth Miskin Training - more information in the poster at the bottom of this page
- Playlist of songs for the children - Kensington choir by Maisy Matumaini
- White Rose Maths lessons for every year group - White Rose Maths
- "Thoughts of Mr Seagull": short motivational videos specifically to help school children through these difficult times. Posted daily @Bobby_Seagull on Twitter, Instagram & Tik Tok. Parents and adults can of course watch too! - https://twitter.com/Bobby_Seagull/status/1245269096603758592
- Maths Puzzles on YouTube: New maths YouTube channel "Maths Appeal" created with a teacher friend Susan Okereke (aimed at keen primary and early secondary). Videos of puzzles/solutions posted every Tuesday and Thursday. Students can follow @MathsAppeal on Twitter and Instagram. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCtB5x0uDQE
- Live Maths Lessons: FREE live maths lessons on "Explore Learning" Facebook page starting this Monday 6th April at 10am. Mondays will be Key Stage 1, Wednesdays Key Stage 2 and Fridays Key Stage 3 - https://t.co/vAhXI2822i?amp=1
- Oxford Owl has made their e-books free to access while schools are closed. There are books for different ages and there are as well some of the RWI Phonics books we use in school available - FREE eBook Library Happy reading!
- Support for Children: explaining COVID-19 in different languages - https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
- MY HERO IS YOU – A STORY FOR COVID-19: This is a social story to support children during the Covid-19 outbreak translated into different languages - https://interagencystandingcommittee.org/iasc-reference-group-mental-health-and-psychosocial-support-emergency-settings/my-hero-you
- EAL websites: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/; http://www.eslgamesworld.com/