Afa Quality Lead
Kensington Primary School is delighted to be awarded for Achievement for All ‘Quality Lead’ status recognizing how we enable ‘every child to be the best they can be regardless of background, challenge or need’.
The Achievement for All programme delivers a whole-school improvement framework that raises the aspirations, access and achievement of vulnerable and disadvantaged pupils, including those with special educational needs and disabilities, EAL, looked-after children and children on free school meals.
The framework is tailored to meet the needs of each individual school, their context and the pupils they wish to support. Achievement for All works with primary, secondary and special schools and pupil referral units.
· delivers significant improvements in progress and attainment in Reading, Writing and Maths
· successfully closes the gap – many pupils with SEND working with Achievement for All progress faster in English and Mathematics than the national average for all pupils
· improves wider outcomes such as behavior and attendance, reducing persistent absenteeism by 10%
· leads to a whole-school impact with improved outcomes across the school
· helps to significantly improve school relationships with parents.
Kensington's participated in the Achievement for All programme from 2016 to present.
In July 2018 Kensington Primary School was awarded 'Quality Mark' status. This week following a rigorous assessment process, the school achieved 'Quality Lead' status.
Although we have now completed the accreditation elements of the programme we continue to use the strategies and practices of Achievement for All to ensure the best possible outcomes for our vulnerable pupils.