Our vision - A place everyone loves to be
To help us deliver our vision, 'A place everyone loves to be', we have identified six strategic goals.
- Be the best we can be: Enable our children and ourselves to maximise achievement in all areas.
- All in this together: Work in partnership with each other, with The Tapscott Learning Trust, and with our wider community.
- Take care of ourselves and each other: Prioritise the wellbeing and mental health of our children and ourselves.
- Innovate: Inspire others through our innovative thinking and approaches.
- Sustain: Develop our structures and ourselves to create a sustainable organisation that can outlive our direct involvement.
- Make the difference: Find ways of measuring our impact: making sure our approaches are credible and making the difference.
It's all very well having a 'vision' and 'strategic goals' but what really matters is the day-to-day. What you see, hear and feel on a daily basis or, 'how things are done around here'. To turn the vision and strategy into reality, we have two guiding principles and have identified the behaviours that are associated to these.
Guiding Principles and associated behaviours
Guiding Principle 1: Think about what we do and why
- Build relationships that encourage others to challenge you
- Build confidence in people to challenge themselves
- Carefully consider the impact of your decisions; actively and openly seek feedback on them and be open to being challenged
- Take constructive feedback as an opportunity to self-reflect
- Have the self-confidence and personal strength to pass over feedback that isn’t constructive
- Build support networks who can help you identify which feedback is constructive
- Be pro-active in explaining the rationale behind your decisions – why have you decided to do/not do x or y?
- Have the confidence to be wrong and embrace this as a learning opportunity
- Provide time and space for yourself and your team to reflect and review
- Encourage people to take risks and celebrate them taking the risk
- Remove barriers to change: enabling everyone to develop their ideas
- Work with others to find solutions and problem solve
- Support people’s development so they are empowered to take risks through having the knowledge and understanding required to do something different
- Be visible
Guiding Principle 2: Be positive and supportive
- Model positive language and behaviours
- Develop your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Know and accept people and adapt your approach accordingly
- Know how to coach, how to mentor, and when to apply different approaches
- Provide positive feedback
- Be available, accessible and approachable
- Take responsibility
- Have the confidence to not always have the answer
- Offer help
- Be generous with your time and work on being an active listener
- Deal with issues promptly and professionally