Primary to Secondary
Choosing the right Secondary school for your child is very important.
Starting Secondary School September 2020
If your child was born between 1 September 2008 and 31 August 2009, you will need to apply for a secondary school place for September 2020. You can apply for a secondary school place for September 2020 through the eAdmissions website from 1 September 2019.
If your child lives in Newham you will need to apply via London Borough of Newham. But if your child lives outside Newham, but you want him or her to go to school in Newham, you will need to apply through the local authority in the borough you live in .
We recommend that the families of all of our year 6 pupils attend as many of the Open Days and Open Evening at the schools across Newham before making a decision what schools to name as a preference.
To maximise your opportunities of getting a place at one of your preferred secondary schools name six schools with at least one being you local school.
Remember, you must apply for a place, even if your child:
- Has a brother or sister attending the school;
- Lives in the schools priority area (for Sarah Bonnell only )
- Attends a link school (for Stratford School Academy and Chobham Academy)
The national closing date is 31st October 2019. (If you haven't applied before the closing date you should still apply as soon as possible.)
- Pan London eAdmissions portal opens 1 September 2019 for September 2020 year 7 applications click here
- Pan London Schemes for 2020-21 click here
- Determined Admission Arrangements for 2020 entry click here
- LB Newham primary to secondary transition web pages 2020 click here
- Starting Secondary School Prospectus Autumn 2019 click here
- School Finder click here