Kensington: A place everyone loves to be
Our school vision - A place everyone loves to be - clearly sets out what we want to achieve.
The benefits for children and our team are very similar. Children and staff who love being here:
- Are happier and healthier mentally and physically
- Have better relationships with children and adults
- Are more effective learners
- Have better attendance
- Are more able to regulate their emotions
- Are more likely to fulfill their potential now and in the future
Our purpose: Why we exist
To build the relationships that allow our children to be happy and healthy and love learning.
Our values: What we believe in
These are for everyone. Child-friendly language versions will be developed.
Be brave: build confidence; challenge ourselves and each other; challenge the status quo; communicate openly and honestly
Be ambitious: committed; put others before ourselves; aim for the stars; passionate about what we are doing
Be curious: understand ‘why’; seek out feedback; draw on the knowledge of experts; hold our views lightly; make logical decisions
Be kind: invest time in building relationships; take care of each other and ourselves; find solutions not problems
Children’s views on why Kensington
Your child should come to Kensington because….
- They will arrive at school with a smile on their face and leave with one too
- They will be happy and enjoy every school day
- They will be taught by kind teachers
- Everyone respects each other and they will make friends very easily
- There are a lot of different clubs that they can join and be apart of
- Teachers will always be willing to help them in any way they need
- They can always talk to someone about how they feel and they will be listened to
What do you enjoy about coming to Kensington?
- We get get lots of opportunities to go on trips and explore new places
- The time we get to spend outside playing fitness games with our class
- Teachers don’t shout or make you feel scared when you may have done something wrong, they talk to you calmly and will try to help you solve the problem
- The school hosts enjoyable events throughout the year such as the Winter Fair and Kensingtons Got Talent
- The teachers make the learning fun and different
- We are a team and always support one another
- When I make mistakes teachers still believe in me
- 100% of parents say their child is happy at the school – 71% strongly agree; 28% agree.
- 100% of parents say their child feels safe at the school.
- “Staff are very cooperative and kind. The school provides free clubs and me children are making very good progress.”
- Outstanding in all areas – December '21
- “Kensington Primary is an exciting place for pupils to learn. It inspires them to work hard and reach their potential.”
- “Parents are extremely positive about the school and say that their children are happy, safe and taught very well.”
- “The leadership of the early years is very strong. As a result, children make rapid progress especially with their reading and writing skills.”
Over and above
- Over 50 free extra-curricular clubs running every week including: art, music, reading, sport and many more.
- Eco-Schools Green Flag; Inclusion Quality Mark Flagship School; School Mental Health Gold Award; RE Quality Mark Gold Award; Science Quality Mark Gold Award; Achievement for All Lead School, Healthy Schools Gold Award, School Games Gold Award, EAL Quality Mark Gold Award
- Newham Tri-Golf Champions.
- Growth Mindset school, supporting all children to grow and improve to become positive, confident, ambitious, resilient individuals.
- Developing all aspects of your child through our exciting new curriculum - Curriculum K.
- All children from Y2-6 get an opportunity to attend a residential.